Vacancy – Part-Time Finance Administrator & Company Secretary
Donegal Railway Heritage Centre is seeking a Part-Time Finance Administrator & Company Secretary, funded by Pobal. The Centre is based in Donegal Town and operates a museum with rolling stock, artefacts, shop, etc. as well as offering room rental and running events throughout the year. The Centre is also an important part of the tourism offer in Donegal Town and the County. It’s a great, fun place to work, celebrating an important part of Donegal’s heritage. If you would like to become part of our terrific team, then read on!
Job Title: Part Time Finance Administrator & Company Secretary Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with occasion weekend work
Wage: €10.50 per hour
Reporting to: Manager
Contract Period: Initially May – December 2022, with possible extension if funding becomes available
Report to the Manager of County Donegal Railway Restoration CLG or in the absence of the manager a member of the board.
Objective of the role: To provide a complete financial recording service for the company in line with company law and funders requirements. File accurate details of bank reconciliations, financial statements, sales, purchases and payroll records and to prepare all returns required for Revenue and funders. Ensure information is available as appropriate when independent accountants undertaking audits.
- Pobal Community Services Programme
Report financial information to Pobal in line with the requirements of the Community Services Programme.
All administrative duties as requested by the Manager including assistance with funding applications, bids, etc.
- Day to day Financial Management & Control
Recording of sales, ensuring appropriate procurement, invoicing, payments, stock take, credit control, bank lodgements, preparation of accounts and assisting with funding applications
Calculation of staff hours worked and ensuring staff are paid the appropriate amount at the appropriate time.
- Till procedures and records
Appropriate systems and processes in place and information recorded accordingly.
- Procedures records/Governance
Appropriate systems and processes in place and information recorded accordingly. Working with the manager on Governance compliance
Preparation and submission of returns for VAT, PRSI, Pobal and revenue
Report weekly figures to the Manager and ensure accurate information is available for monthly board meetings.
- Secretary of the Board
Acting as Secretary of the Board, the duties include:
- help the Chairperson plan meetings
- organise the logistics of meetings
- ensure that accurate minutes of Board and general meetings are taken and distributed
- deal with committee correspondence
- complying with any other duties as imposed by the Companies Acts
All staff members have a role to play in ensuring the museum is presented in a safe, tidy and clean way.
Cover and assist other staff members as required e.g. customer service, lunch breaks etc., as well as prepare and assist at events
- Experience in Finance including financial statements, sales, purchases, payroll records, preparation of accounts, budgets, etc.
- Experience of working with funders
- Experience of working with Pobal (not essential)
- Experience of Microsoft Packages including Excel & Word
- Experience of cash handling
- Friendly personality, and enjoy working with the public
CV’s should be sent to:
email@example.com or posted to
The Manager, Donegal Railway Heritage Centre, The Old Station, Donegal Town, Co Donegal, F94 EE00
For more information about our museum check out www.donegalrailway.com and our Facebook Page
Closing Date: Friday 29th April 2022
Donegal Railway Restoration CLG is an equal opportunities employer.