Saturday 18th May 2019, 1pm
DONEGAL RAILWAY DIARY
Part Two 1956-2018
Eason’s, Letterkenny Shopping Centre
You are cordially invited to the Letterkenny Book Launch of the eagerly anticipated launch of “Michael Bunch’s Donegal Railway Diary, Part Two 1956-2018”
Following on from “Part One” this book contains significant material with previously unpublished photographs showing trains in operation until its closure in 1959, but also a record of the sad decline of the railway since. Michael as a railway enthusiast had the fortune to be based in Derry in the 1950’s and during this time had a chance to visit and photograph the narrow gauge County Donegal lines as well as keeping an associated diary describing his visits. Photographs include Stranorlar, Lifford, Ballyshannon, Letterkenny, Castlefinn, Glenties, Strabane and Derry
The publification is available for €15 (30% Discount for Members to €10), plus P&P. The book is presently only available through the museum directly, but after the 20th April, it will be available online or through a variety of bookshops in Donegal and Derry. It is also worth noting that several of our publications including Donegal Railway Diary, Part One 1954-1955 is also available as well as “Though the Hills of Donegal”, “Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway” and “Drumboe The Donegal Engine” are still available.
This Project is funded by the Leader Rural Development Programme, 2014-2020. Additional support was also provided by Andrew Hall, Robert Knight & Dave White.