Donegal Railway Photographic/Calendar Competition Launched
This year, Donegal Railway Heritage Museum is delighted to announce that they are running a special photographic competition, and winning entries for this year will be featured in their exclusive annual Calendar for 2022.
The general public are encouraged to think about their local railway heritage (taking into account current Covid travel restrictions, which hopefully will ease further over the next few months) and take new photographs of anything railway-related in the County, whether it’s from the County Donegal Railway, Great Northern Railway or the Londonderry & Lough Swilly Railway. It could be an old station, halt, abandoned crane, bridge, wagon, carriage, really anything with a direct Donegal railway connection from across the entire county. There is lots of physical heritage above ground still visible across the county, and we are using this opportunity not only to produce a Calendar for next year but more importantly, record as much of this heritage that still exists when we can. There will be 12 winners (one for each month), and an overall winner whose winning photograph will be featured on the front cover. Each of the 12 winners will receive a Calendar, and the overall winner will receive a special reproduction of the famous Donegal Railway Travel Poster, our famous “A County Donegal by Rail in Colour” publication as well as a Calendar. The winning entries will also be on display in a special exhibition during Heritage Week in August at the Museum. The closing date for the competition is Friday 25th June 2021. Rules and Regulations are below.
Rules and regulations:
- The photo must be have been taken in County Donegal
- The photo must have been taken recently; (i.e. in the last year or two)
- Photos can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a min. file size of 2 MB and max. file size of 5 MB
- Deadline for submission: Friday 25th June 2021, midnight.
- Photographs must be in Landscape format
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame. However, filters and colour correction is permitted.
- Entries must include the following detail:
- Name of person who took the photograph
- What the photograph is of
- Any story about it, if known
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official image as listed above.
- Entries will be judged by Donegal Railway Heritage Centre. All decisions are final. The organisation reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Donegal Railway Heritage Centre for their 2022 Calendar and for promotional purposes. The winning photographs will also feature as part of a public exhibition at the museum in August 2021, during Heritage Week
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry.
- Any photographs taken, must be done so within the current government Covid travel restrictions
For further information, contact email@example.com